Recipe type: beverage
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 lb. confectioner’s sugar
- 2 c. dark rum, brandy, bourbon, or rye
- 2 to 4 cups of liquor
- 2 quarts whipping cream
- 1 cup peach brandy, if desired
- 8 to 12 egg whites
- Step One Preparation
- Beat separately until light in color. 12 egg yolks Beat in gradually. 1 lb. confectioner’s sugar Add very slowly, beating constantly. 2 c. dark rum, brandy, bourbon, or rye. Let mixture stand covered for 1 hour to dispel the “eggy” taste.
- Step Two Preparation
- Add, beating constantly, 2 to 4 cups of liquor 2 quarts whipping cream 1 cup peach brandy, if desired Refrigerate covered for 3 hours. Beat until stiff but not dry 8 to 12 egg whites Fold egg whites lightly into the other ingredients. Serve sprinkled with fresh nutmeg and cinnamon to taste.