Standard Pie Crust
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅓ C. plus 1 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 C. all purpose flour.
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2-3 Tbsp. cold water
- Preheat the oven to 475
- Mix shortening into flour and salt until particles are about the same size as small peas.
- Sprinkle in water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, tossing with a fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans the side of the bowl.
- Gather pastry into a ball.
- Flatten and shape into round on a lightly floured board.
- Trim overhang edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of plate, fold over even with plate and flute.
- Prick the bottom and side with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown.