Chocolate Coffee Toffee Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie
Serves: 5 doz
- ¼ C. boiling water
- 1 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 1⅓ C. packed brown sugar
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 3 C. old fashioned oats
- 1¼ C. all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 8 oz. pkg. milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1½ C. semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 coarsely crumbled sugar cones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dissolve coffee in boiling water, cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy with an electric mixer.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Beat in coffee and vanilla.
- Combine oats, flour, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Gradually add oat mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Stir in toffee bits, chocolate chips and sugar cones.
- Drop dough by heaping measuring Tablespoons 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, just until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet and transfer to wire racks.
- Cool completely, Store loosely covered.