Homemade Egg Nog
Recipe type: beverage
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ gal. milk
- 24 ounces canned evaporated milk.
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla, optional
- Cinnamon sticks or peppermint sticks for stirring, optional
- Sprinkle additional nutmeg or cinnamon for topping Separate eggs, set aside whites.
- Mix together egg yolks, add 1 tsp milk and 2 cups sugar, mix well.
- In large pot pour ½ gallon milk only. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the egg yolk mixture, nutmeg, cornstarch, canned milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla if using. Whip egg whites and extra sugar until stiff.
- Spoon egg whites into egg nog. Serve with cinnamon or peppermint sticks for stirring.