Ethel's Sugar Cookies
Recipe type: dessert
- ¾ C. butter, softened
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ C. flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Thoroughly mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and flavoring of choice.
- sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into the butter mixture.
- Chill for at last 1 hour.
- Roll out to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter dipped in flour.
- Re-Roll the scraps and continue cutting until all of the dough is used.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 until delicately golden (about 6-8 minutes).
- Frost with icing.
- Makes about 4 dozen 3 inch cookies.