Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Recipe type: dessert
- ½ C. shortening
- ½ C. sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 sq. unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1¾ C. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Peppermint filling:
- 3 tsp. milk
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 C. confectioners sugar
- Mix sugar, shortening and egg together thoroughly.
- Blend in milk and cooled chocolate.
- Blend flour, salt and baking powder and stir in.
- Mold into smooth roll about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm for several hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 400
- With a thin, sharp knife, slice the dough in ⅛ inch slices.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet fir 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Place two cookies together with generous amounts of filling.