Christmas Candy Cookies Recipe
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) mini red and green M&M's or Heath baking bits
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugars and oil.
- Add eggs and extract; mix well.
- Combine flours, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in almonds and candy.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a flat-bottomed glass. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.