Sweet Potato Bread
Recipe type: breads
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup raisins, optional
- preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom only of a loaf pan with shortening or butter.
- In large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan 15 minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack.