Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ C. butter
- ½ C. instant cocoa
- 1 C. radishes, shredded and drained
- 1½ C. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- ½ C. sour cream
- 1 tsp. orange peel, finely grated
- Grease and flour a 9-10 inch cake pan.
- An a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla to the butter and mix until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except for the cocoa.
- Combine all three mixtures together and mix until well blended.
- Retain one cup of the cake mix and pour the remaining into the cake pan.
- Mix the cocoa mix into the reserved batter and mix well. Pour over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve with a frosting made of 1 C. powdered sugar, 4 tsp. milk and vanilla to taste drizzled over the top.