Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ C. vegetable oil
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C. shredded zucchini, lightly packed
- 1 C. chopped walnuts
- 1 C. confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter Frankfort Ring mold.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add zucchini and walnuts, and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan 5-10 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or glaze.
- Glaze: While beating, add water to sugar a few drops at a time until the glaze is just thin enough
- to pour. Pour it over the cake and let it dribble down the sides.