Recipe type: Beverage
- 21 oz extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 cups soymilk
- ⅔ cup turbinado sugar, light brown sugar, or sucanat (or use Â½ sup honey or 1 cup alternate liquid sweetener)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup rum or brandy
- 4½ tsp vanilla extract
- 20 ice cubes
- Place the crumbled tofu and soy milk in a blender with the sugar and salt.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Scrape this into a large bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the water, rum or brandy, and vanilla.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Serve in glasses with nutmeg sprinkled on top.