Lemon Citrus Savarin Ring Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- ½ C. butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ C. orange juice concentrate (undiluted)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- scant ¼ C. powdered sugar, for garnish
- Lemon Glaze:
- ⅓ C. fresh lemon juice
- ½ C. honey
- Combine lemon juice and honey in small saucepan. Warm over low while stirring until blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, orange juice and lemon zest.
- Beat on low speed to blend, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased and floured Vienna Ring pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or when cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out on platter.
- While still lukewarm, poke holes over surface with toothpick and spoon Lemon Glaze over.
- When glaze has soaked into cake, sift powdered sugar lightly over for decoration.
- Before serving, fill ring with fresh strawberries, orange segments, green grapes and red grapes.