Recipe type: Beverage
- 6 cups of skim milk
- 1 cup of Egg Beaters (or your favorite comparable product)
- Sweetener to taste (Use the pink stuff, the blue stuff, the yellow stuff AND if you use the real stuff, be sure and measure carefully and remember to count those added calories! Real sugar will blow up anyone except ants when used in high quantities!)
- 2 teaspoons of real vanilla extract (Rub a little behind your ears and live a little!)
- 2 teaspoons of rum extract
- Ground nutmeg and cinnamon (or you can use a bit of pumpkin pie spice)
- Heat the milk, Egg Beaters and sweetener in the microwave on high until thickened, stirring every minute or so. You can also use your stove if you prefer. Remove from microwave or stove top and stir in the remaining ingredients. Next, cover the mixture very tightly with plastic wrap and chill. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg and cinnamon if desired. You can even add a dollop of nonfat, sugar free topping for an added treat!
This recipe for Holiday Egg Nog makes about six to eight ounce servings for about 100 calories each. Be sure and leave some out for Santa along with your plate of holiday low fat cookies. As he’ll be making lots of stops on Christmas Eve, he’ll appreciate this light, non-fattening treat! Who knows, he may even leave some very special in your stocking!