Chocolate Drop Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ C. butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ C. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C. flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ C. cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 C. chopped walnuts (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar together and beat in the egg.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Combine dry and wet mixture and add walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Chill for an hour.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a lightly greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until imprint remains when lightly touched.
- Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.