Recipe type: dessert
- ¼ C. butter
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C. walnuts, chopped
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour an 8X8 baking pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour butter and sugar mixture into a mixing bowl and add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift flour into bowl and add baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar, cut into bars and serve.