Blueberry Ricotta Squares
Recipe type: Dessert
- Part 1:
- 1 C. flour
- ¾ C. sugar
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ C. milk
- ¼ C. shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1½ C. blueberries
- Part 2:
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ C. ricotta cheese
- 1¼ C. sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Part 1: In a small mixer bowl, combine flour, ¾ C. sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, shortening, the 1 egg and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer on low speed until combined.
- Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into greased 9x9x2 pan. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1½ cups blueberries over batter.
- Part 2: In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs with a fork.
- Add ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Spoon ricotta mixture over blueberries and spread evenly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven
- Time: 55-60 minutes or until lightly golden and knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into squares. Refrigerate.