Orange Drop Cookies
Author: R. Luft
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅔ C. shortening
- ¾ C. sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ C. undiluted frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tbsp. grated orange rind
- 2 C. flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Mix shortening, sugar and egg thoroughly.
- Stir in orange juice and rind.
- Stir dry ingredients together and blend in.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Frost with icing.
- to make the orange butter icing, combine 2½ tbsp. softened butter, 1½ C. powdered sugar and 2 tbsp. orange juice.