Author: R. Luft
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 oz. sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 3 oz. superfine or powdered sugar
- ½ C. flour
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream the sugar and egg yolks together.
- Add the vanilla and beat until light and creamy.
- Beat the egg whites, gradually adding the sugar until stiff.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture alternating egg whites and flour.
- Put mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a medium plain tube.
- Pipe mixture onto a greased and floured baking sheet forming 3 inch fingers.
- Bake 8-10 minutes and cool on rack.