Black Forest Flan
Author: R. Luft
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 bx. devil's food cake mix
- ½ C. vegetable oil
- 1¼ C. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla butter and nut flavoring
- 4 extra large eggs
- 3 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ C. confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease the bottom of two flan pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the cake mix, oil, water, flavoring, eggs and pudding mix.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cakes spring back when touched lightly.
- Let rest on cooling racks for 15 minutes and then invert and lift off the pans.
- Cool thoroughly and place on a serving plate.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread half of the topping over each of the cakes and top one can of pie filling on each.
- Each flan serves 6-8 people.