Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
Author: R. Luft
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2½ C. all purpose flour.
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 C. canola oil
- 2 C. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 C. mashed bananas, ripe works best
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅓ C. semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ C. toasted walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two 9X5 metal loaf pans with greased parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat oil and sugar. Add eggs to mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add bananas and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine both the wet and dry mixtures and combine until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if using them.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Let cakes cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pans.