Blackberry Coffee Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1¼ cups frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2¼cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and side of 10-inch angel food cake pan with shortening and lightly flour.
- In small bowl, mix all Blackberry Filling ingredients and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream on low speed.
- Spread one-third of the batter in pan; sprinkle with half of the filling. Spoon another one-third of the batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Sprinkle with remaining filling.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl, stir all of the glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over cooled coffee cake.