Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread
Recipe type: Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 4 teaspoons liquid reserved
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamia nuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.