English Toffee Pudding
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 c. confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1¾ c. vanilla wafers, crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped nuts (Any type you prefer)
- Whipped topping
- Cream butter and mix in sugar, salt, cocoa, egg yolks, nuts and vanilla.
- Beat whites until stiff and fold into mixture. in an 8 x 8 pan, put ½ of the cookie crumbs in bottom and pour mixture over top.
- Sprinkle the second half of the crumbs on the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Serve with whipped topping.