Author: Seawaters of California
Recipe type: dessert
- cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- ⅔ cup purchased eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Butter sides of a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
- Add sugar, marshmallows, eggnog, butter, corn syrup, and salt to the saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn heat up to medium and cook until mixture boils. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, to about 232° .
- Add chocolate chips and continue to cook for 5 minutes (should be at soft ball stage), or until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Pour into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill and cut into squares.