Cinnamon Apple Cake
Author: Snowytree of GA
Recipe type: dessert
- 1¾ cups sugar, divided
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (about ¾ cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped peeled Fuji apples (about 2 large)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat 1½ cups sugar, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Combine two tablespoons cinnamon mixture and apples in a bowl.
- Stir apple mixture into batter.
- Pour batter into an 9-inch spring form pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool the cake completely on a wire rack.
- Cut using a serrated knife.
The original Cooking Light recipe calls for Rome apples, but we used Fuji's. If you want to make the light version, substitute margarine for the butter and use fat-free cream cheese. If using an 8-inch spring form pan, bake it five minutes longer.