Buttermilk Cranberry Cake
Author: Meceka of Vassar, MI, USA
Recipe type: dessert
- ⅓ Cup oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 C buttermilk
- ¾ C light brown sugar, packed firm
- 1½ C all-purpose flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ½ C cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Blend ¾ cup brown sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, and buttermilk in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until batter is moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes.