Stained Glass Cookies
Author: Annette1990 of Montana
Recipe type: dessert
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar and
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt hard candies (such as lollipops or life savers)
- Mix margarine, shortening, sugar, honey, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, soda and salt.
- Add flour and chill the dough overnight.
- On waxed paper roll out the dough and cut shapes with cookie cutters.
- Then cut out areas for "windows" or Roll dough into "snakes".
- Shape the snakes into cookies--leaving some open spaces.
- Place the cookies on a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Fill the openings with crushed hard candies or a whole life saver.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet.