Baby Ruth Cookies
Author: MerryCarey of Massachusetts
Recipe type: dessert
- cup butter or shortening
- cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- tsp salt
- tsp baking soda
- tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 cup Baby Ruth candy bars cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg.
- Stir in other ingredients. Chill dough.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
It’s always been a mystery to me where the chocolate coating on the candy bars goes---there’s no chocolate to be seen in the finished cookies!