Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Author: One Spoiled Brat of North Carolina
Recipe type: dessert
- ¾ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅛ cup butter, softened
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix together the molasses, brown sugar, water and butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, allspice, ginger, cloves and cinnamon, stir them into the wet mixture until all of the dry is absorbed.
- Cover the dough and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out into desired shapes. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from the cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.