Author: Seawaters of California
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.. Stir in salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix in flour. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- I leave mine just a little soft set, just starting to turn golden on the bottom. You can roll into larger balls, for larger cookies. Adjust the baking time accordingly.