Chocolate Cherry Fudge
Author: Seawaters of California
Recipe type: dessert
- 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dried cherries
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Line a 9 inch square pan with foil and butter or coat with cooking spray.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir on low heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat, stir in powdered sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Beat with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes until thickened and glossy.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Spread in prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Lift fudge out of pan with foil and discard foil.
- Cut fudge into 1 inch squares with knife or pizza cutter.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.