Blueberry Cheesecake Fudge
Author: Seawaters of California
Recipe type: dessert
- ¼ cup butter
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces vanilla chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 ounces Marshmallow Crème
- 1½ cups dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring or extract
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Heat milk over medium heat until warm; add sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add Marshmallow Crème and butter.
- Return to a rolling boil for 5½ minutes (start timing as soon as the rolling boil resumes).
- Cut cream cheese into small dice, and add it to the boiling mixture about 1 minute before the end of the boil. If brown flecks begin to appear in the mixture, lower the heat a little.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla chips and blueberries.
- Stir until creamy and all chips are melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract and butter flavoring or extract.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cool. Remove from pan; remove foil, and cut into squares.
- Yields 2 pounds.