Sugar Free Eggnog
Author: RavenHardt of Holbrook, MA
Recipe type: beverage
- 1 cup (250 ml) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 7 egg yolks
- 4 cups (950 mL) milk
- 2 cups (475 mL) fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vanilla extract Note – if you wish to use rum, use 1 cup (235 mL) dark rum in place of the 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- Mix together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Set aside. Whisk egg yolks; add to SPLENDA® Granulated mixture whisking until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until the temperature reaches 175°, approximately (5 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in half and half; cool. Cover and chill 3 hours or up to 3 days. Stir in rum or vanilla just before serving.