Soft Batch Snickerdoodle Cookies
Recipe type: desserts
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of cream of tartar
- Topping: Granulated sugar & cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Preheat oven to 300° while you let the dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping. Take about 2½ tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for remaining cookies. Bake the cookies 12-14 minutes. The cookies may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle.
It is VERY important to allow the cookies to cool before handling or they will fall apart due to the softness.