Double Chocolate Torte
Author: DoubleA of Fillmore, CA
Recipe type: dessert
- 1 Cup + 3 Tablespoons Half and Half
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup-optional
- 1 Teaspoon Mint extract
- 16oz. + 8 oz. Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Granulated white sugar
- 16oz. + 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Grease a spring form pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the 16oz. of chocolate chips, 16oz. of butter but into pieces, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup half and half, 1 tbsp. vanilla extract, 1 tsp. Mint extract, ½ tsp. salt, place it in a pot and melt over medium low heat. In another bowl mix the eggs and slowly add the melted chocolate mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 min. then rest in the fridge. Once cooled you add a chocolate ganache. In a microwave safe bowl add 1 cup chocolate chips, 2 tbsp. butter, 3 tbsp. half and half, 2 tbsp. corn syrup, microwave until smooth then smooth over cake and refrigerate again.
This cake may seem still really lose when the baking is over especially in the middle, but place a toothpick an inch from the edge and if it's clean you are good to go. Also you can place foil around the pan bottom when you bake to make clean up easier. Have a glass of milk handy it is rich! This is a recipe I came up with and everyone asks for it towards the holidays. The mint adds that extra touch to make it like a peppermint mocha.