Cream Cheese Mints
Author: Christmas-A-Holic of Texas - United States
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 10 Dozen
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ to 1 tsp. peppermint oil (depending on how strong of a peppermint taste you want)
- Add any color food (optional)
- 2 lbs. powdered confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until fully blended. Mix in peppermint oil. Color as desired with food coloring or leave white.
- Roll mixture into small balls, and place on waxed paper. Flatten with a fork dipped in confectioners' sugar. Let dry for about 2 hours on waxed paper, then freeze or refrigerate.
I find it easier just to mix it by hand. Knead it like you would bread. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. I got this recipe from my aunt who loves Christmas as much as I do. She would prepare these every year to serve on Christmas Eve. It brings back very fond memories of growing up and spending Christmas Eve at my aunt and uncle's house.