Chocolate Espresso Pudding Cream
Recipe type: dessert
- 14.1 ounces Chocolate Fudge Rolled Wafers
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup prepared instant espresso or regular coffee
- 2 tablespoons sweet Marsala wine
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup grated bittersweet chocolate
- Reserve 8 whole wafers for garnish. Cut the remaining wafers into 2-inch-long pieces.
- Beat the egg yolks and granulated sugar in the top pan of a double boiler over hot water with a whisk for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened. Stir the coffee, wine and cheese in the pan. Cook and stir with a whisk for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the double boiler. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes. Beat the heavy cream, vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Divide the espresso cream among 8 glasses. Top each with about ½ cup wafer pieces. Divide the whipped cream and the chocolate among the glasses. Garnish each with 1 whole wafer.
- Notes: Sometimes I put a mini candy cane hooked on the glass I try to use all different glasses I usually will try to go to yard sales of thrift shops & pick up a few mismatched clear glasses depending on the glasses you use you can spread this out to 10 or condense it to 6. I have also put this in a clear bowl and just used chocolate shaving on the top with broken bits of candy cane.