Author: Chef Matt of Sayerfoods.com
Recipe type: breakfast
- 1½ pounds sausage
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces, drained
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- Brown sausage and drain grease. Layer bread in bottom of 9 x 13-inch well-greased baking pan. Sprinkle sausage over bread. Add cheese. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and remaining ingredients. Pour slowly over cheese.
- Bake at 325 F. for 45 minutes. Recipe can be made the might before and refrigerated before cooking if desired.