Author: Holiday of Ohio
Recipe type: dessert
- CRISCO No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 18.25 ounce Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup CRISCO Vegetable Oil *
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Double Cream Frosting (recipe follows)
- ½ cup chopped pecans to garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two (9-inch) round cake pans with CRISCO Simple Touch Original Cooking Spray; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine PILLSBURY Moist Supreme Cake Mix and remaining ingredients; blend on low speed for 1 minute; scrape the sides of the bowl. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes or until batter is well blended, scraping the sides down as needed. Divide between the prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Frost with Double Cream Frosting; garnish with chopped nuts if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Double Cream Frosting:
- /4 cup heavy cream
- -ounce package cream cheese, softened
- /2 cup (or ½ stick) Crisco 0 Grams Trans-Free Shortening Per Serving
- cups confectioners’ sugar
- /2 teaspoon banana extract, optional
- Whip cream until peaks form; set aside. Place softened cream cheese and Crisco Shortening in the bowl of an electric mixer; blend on low speed until combined. Add confectioners' sugar, ¼ cup at a time, and blend on low speed until well
- incorporated, about 1 minute. Add optional banana extract; blend on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute more.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream. Use immediately to frost cake.