Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Author: Lauriebear of New York
Recipe type: Dessert
- Crust :
- 1 tsp finely diced candied ginger (or real ginger)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp of any combination of the following spices:
- cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice
- a pinch of pepper (not a type-o)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 8oz room temperature cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup of pumpkin. (you can go up to ¾ of a cup if you like your pumpkin more intense it makes the cakes a little denser)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp of the following spices, all together:
- cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger. (omit some, add others, or just use pumpkin pie spice)
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- Crust Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F) Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Mix everything together. Press about a tablespoon of the mixture into the tin. Bake the crusts for about 8-10 minutes. Let cool while preparing the filling. Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together. Add in one egg at a time, waiting until each egg is fully incorporated. Add in vanilla Then add in the pumpkin and the spices. Spoon about 2 tbsp of the mixture onto each crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool, then chill in the fridge about 4 few hours.
Sometimes if I want to speed up the process I use Vanilla Wafers, or another plain type cookie I have used all different kinds and then all you do is make the filling. You place the cookie at the bottom of the liner and pour filling over that. Also, I like to use the "foil" type liners they work better. My friend said on the spices if you don't have them all don't worry add what you do have, or if you do not like the flavor of one or if you like to use the readymade pumpkin pie spice use that. Also we would top these with a little homemade whip cream but you can use the store bought kind too. This is an all time favorite at parties, I got this recipe from a co-worker/friend several years ago. She said they have had this for as long as she could remember.