Author: Cetacea of Switzerland, Schwyz, Village: Küssnacht
Recipe type: Desserts
- 250 g margarine (1 Cup)
- one egg white
- For the Stuffing (quantity as you like it) Redcurrant- or raspberry jelly, warm or apricot jam
- 120 - 150 g sugar (2/3 Cup)
- one pinch of salt
- two teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 350 g flour(1½ Cup)
- maybe a bit of icing sugar for coating
- Put the margarine in a bowl and stir it until it is smooth. 2. Add the sugar to the margarine and beat it until it is fluffy. 3. Mix the egg white, salt, vanilla sugar and flour together with the fluffy mixture and knead it lightly until it is a smooth dough. 4. Roll out the dough until it is about 2 mm thick. 5. Cut out round cookies (size as you like it). Half of them will be for the top or lid cookies and the other half are the bottom cookies. 6. Cut one to three holes in each top cookie. Put all the cookies on the baking tray. 7. Bake the cookies about 8 to 10 minutes at 200 degrees in the middle of the preheated oven 8. After the baking let the cookies cool out. 9. Turn around the bottom cookies and apply the stuffing then put the top cookies on top of them. 10. Dust the cookies with icing sugar if you like.
If you make little cookies then they are similar to confection. The holes in the top cookies can be shaped like stars or hearts or whatever you like.