Author: Bradmac of Bellville, GA USA
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 - Stick of Butter
- 1 - 12 oz. can of 7-Up
- 2 - Large Granny Smith Apples, peeled & cored
- 2 - 8 oz. Cans Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1 - Cup Sugar
- 2 - Tbsp. of Cinnamon
- Cut each apple into eight pieces, and wrap each piece in a crescent roll.
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven, and roll each dumpling in the butter before leaving in the dutch oven.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together, and sprinkle over the top of the dumplings.
- Slowly and carefully add the 7-Up so that you do not wash the sugar-cinnamon mixture off of the dumplings.
- Bake on 350° for approximately 30 minutes.
Check the apples with a toothpick after 30 minutes to make sure they are soft (if so desired). Great served with vanilla bean ice cream! My mom started making this a couple years ago during the holidays, and I can never turn it down. It always reminds me of fall, and the approaching holidays.